Financia 2023 was held on Saturday, 18th March 2023 at 2 pm in the 623, Nathmal Garodia Hall, DSIMS.
The theme of the event was “Indian Financial System: Sailing Uncharted Waters”. Prof. Maneesh Gupta was the convener of the event. The emcee for the event were student volunteers – Ms. Richa Chettiar and Ms. Pyali Patra. The speakers for the event were as follows:
1. Dr. Joseph Thomas, Head – Research, Wealth, Emkay Global Private Ltd.
2. Mr. Sumeet Tripathi, Sr. Private Banker, Emkay Global Private Ltd.
3. Mr. Nuvendu Shekhar, Head L&D, Nippon Life India AMC.
4. Mr. Jigar Desai, Entrepreneur, Just Divine Consultants.
5. Mr. Sachin Parekh, Certified Financial Planner, Save & Protect Financial Planners.
6. Mr. Neel Jani, Sr. ESG Analyst, S&P Global Dow Jones Indices.
Dr. Joseph Thomas – our keynote speaker – set the tone of the event by speaking about the geopolitical risks leading to the current crisis situations. Mr. NAVENDU SHEKHAR brought out the impact of behavioral traits of investors and traders using simple analogies. Mr. Sumeet Tripathi spoke about the day in the life of a wealth manager & shared insights as to how to tread the chaotic market dynamics. Mr. Jigar Desai discussed the importance of being patient in the markets and batted for long term investments. Mr. Sachin Parekh highlighted investment opportunities in non-equity products and their risk-return profiles. Mr. Neel Jani emphasized the importance of ESG investment bandwagon – specifically climate change related risks. He further took the mantle of leading the Q&A session where he asked some pertinent questions to the panel members. The event ended with the vote of thanks by Prof. (Dr.) Nehal Joshipura.